Senior Sales Representative
We are looking for a self-driven sales representative who embraces challenges and enjoys the flexible atmosphere of a remote-work tech company.
View Full Job Posting
You are great match if you are:
- A natural at engaging with people … especially a good listener.
- A dyed-in-the-wool self-starter and finisher.
- Well-versed in consultative selling that prioritizes product/customer fit and customer education
- Able to present and sell software to audiences that span the spectrum of tech-savviness (from experts to newbies)
- Accustomed to setting goals and structuring your time properly to achieve them.
- Fearless in getting on Zoom calls and phone calls with new prospects and persistent in connecting with them.
- Relentless in following up with leads in your pipeline and laser-focused on closing those leads that are a good fit for our platform.
- Thrilled to see an empty email inbox and empty voicemail inbox at the end of every work day.
During your first 2 months as a sales representative at Planning Pod, you will report to your sales onboarding manager. Following a successful onboarding period, you will then work remotely with daily check-ins and meetings with your manager and the sales team. The ideal candidate embraces working at home and has a quiet space/office in their home to accomplish their responsibilities.
About Planning Pod
Planning Pod is a nimble startup company that offers event management Software-as-a-Service to event venues, catering companies and event planning professionals. As a small-but-mighty tech company, we need each staff member to be flexible to take on additional responsibilities and learn new skills related to their job; the right candidate welcomes and seeks out these challenges.
This role is a hybrid inbound / outbound sales representative position, with most of your time spent on inbound sales. Each day your responsibilities can include:
- Responding, engaging and qualifying inbound leads and inquiries via email, Zoom and phone.
- Identifying ideal outbound prospects and reaching out to them to gauge interest, introduce them to our platform and initiate the sales process.
- Assessing prospects and conducting thorough discovery/qualifying Zoom calls to assess their needs; determine if they are a good fit for our platform; and for those who are a good fit, set appointments for an online demo that you will conduct.
- Demoing the platform for prospects via Zoom to walk them through workflows and functionality that address the needs they communicated to you earlier.
- Following up with new leads as well as those you have demoed to drive them deeper into the sales funnel and to close them.
- Consulting with customer care and onboarding team members to efficiently direct prospects and customers to the appropriate person and ensure that they receive prompt attention.
You will be expected to:
- Identify prospects’ needs and pain points quickly.
- Qualify prospects and, if their needs align with our offerings, move them on to a demo.
- Intuitively understand who our ideal customers and different target audiences are and be comfortable turning away prospects who do not fit those definitions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the Planning Pod platform and the offerings that we provide.
- Thoroughly learn the software to the extent that you can competently present it to a prospect online in the form of a Zoom demo.
- Track your progress with prospects and leads and document interactions with them via the Close software platform.
- Communicate in different channels, especially via Zoom, email and on the phone.
- Meet any sales quotas, goals and requirements established in advance.
- Refine your approach, processes, scripts, etc., to better connect with and serve our target market.
- Identify and help to develop resources that will improve the sales process and conversion rate.
- Provide feedback to developers and executive staff that would enhance the product as well as the overall customer experience.
- Independently plan, organize and prioritize your work; you will wear a few hats in this role, and since you will be working remotely, you need to be an energetic self-starter who is diligent about completing your work.
- Work 40+ hours/week based on the demands of the position and the current lead pipeline.
- You are energized by talking to people and building relationships.
- You can empathize with people and engage with them in a way that they KNOW you care about them and their needs.
- You are a team player who can both follow and lead.
- You are Web-savvy and a quick adapter to new technology.
- You can make decisions, solve problems and understand who is and is not an ideal customer for Planning Pod.
Work Experience/Technical Skills
- At least 2+ years of sales experience - inbound and outbound software experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in sales prospecting.
- Proficient in using tech tools for communicating with and tracking prospects (including CRM/sales applications, customer support software, online communications tools).
- Experience cold emailing and cold calling to prospects identified by you or the marketing team.
- Very strong communication skills, including phone, Zoom, email and social media.
A Big Plus...
- Expertise in sales for Software-as-a-Service platforms or similar Web-based technology.
- Previous experience in the events industry.
- 4-year college degree or 2-year associate's degree preferred.
- $55,000 annual base salary.
- Potential for $40,000+ in commissions per year
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- 10 personal days in Year 1; after that 15 personal days each year
- Health insurance premiums paid for employee
- Freedom of working remotely from your home after the onboarding period
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $95,000.00+ per year
The "Apply Now" button will open an email. Please attach your cover letter and resume to apply.